Pleasants County Schools will offer two options for an in-person session for completing the CPR/AED Requirement for Coaches at the St. Marys Vol. Fire Dept. on Thursday, June 17th
Register at the following link:
Session one will occur at 9 AM.
Session two will occur at 1 PM.
Attendance for each session is limited and you will get a return phone call to confirm your attendance.
Link to Verification Form:
Memo to All Coaches/ Band Directors/ Athletic Personnel
including all head coaches, assistant coaches, and authorized certified (volunteer) coaches, Band Directors, Personnel under the jurisdiction of the WVSSAC.
The 2021 WV Legislature added to a requirement to state code (§18-2-25c) that requires all school sports personnel to be trained in AED and CPR beginning with the 2021-2022 School Year.
This applies to all individuals that have coaching responsibilities for middle and high school athletics.
Pleasants County Schools will offer FOUR options to coaches to satisfy this state requirement:
- Participate in one of the in-person trainings at St. Marys Vol. Fire Dept. on June 17, 2021
- Complete APPROVED ONLINE TRAINING at https://www.nationalcprfoundation.com/#
You may choose "Standard- CPR/ AED" or "CPR/AED/ First-Aid"You must submit a copy of the card/ proof of completion with verification form.
- COMPLETE THE AED/ CPR COURSE ON WEST VIRGINIA LEARNS (Instructions below.)
You must submit a copy of your certificate of completion with verification form.
- Provide proof of AED and CPR Certification by an authorized entity (such as American Heart Assoc., Red Cross, etc.) that is valid/ current for the entire school year. You must Submit a copy of your card with the verification Form.
In addition- all coaches must complete the ‘Annual Verification of CPR and AED Training for Coaches’ Form regardless of which option they use to satisfy the requirement. This form (when completed) needs to be turned in to Mrs. Tamara Meeks at the Central Office- 202 Fairview Drive, St. Marys, WV 26170.
A coach may not begin any responsibilities for 2021-2022 athletics until this requirement is satisfied.
Instructions for registering for the WV Learns CPR/AED Training Course
Registration instructions follow: Go to https://wveis.k12.wv.us/registration/to complete the CPR and AED Training for Coaches registration.
Review all information before attempting to register for a course:
- Select the "Register" button from the top of the screen.
- Select your role, Coach, from the dropdown menu.
- Select the training module associated with your role.
- Submit your registration.
Registration Verification: Verify that you have been enrolled in a WVLearns course by going to http://wvlearns.k12.wv.us Log into the site. Your CPR and AED Training for Coaches module will appear on your home screen as a photo clip with the course title at the bottom of the photo. Click on the photo and begin the CPR and AED Training for Coaches.